Terms & Conditions
- To reserve your session date and time the client booking form must be completed and a non-refundable booking fee of £30 is required three weeks before your session date unless otherwise confirmed by Janette Douglas Photography. If you are booking a session due to take place within 3 weeks time you must pay the full session fee
- Payment may be paid by paypal, cash or bank transfer.
JANETTE DOUGLAS PHOTOGRAPHY SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL YOUR SESSION DATE OR TO GIVE IT TO ANOTHER CLIENT IF THE BOOKING FEE IS NOT RECEIVED 3 weeks before YOUR SESSION IS SCHEDULED.
- Should you need to reschedule your session, please give at least 48 hours’ notice
- Sessions can be rescheduled in the event of illness if notice is given 24 hours in advance.N.B. booking fees are
non-refundable. The booking fee is deductible from the session fee.
- If Janette Douglas Photography has to cancel the appointment for reasons beyond their control (death, injury, sickness, etc.), their liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid. If the Client cancels the appointment an unconditional refund policy exists up until 7 days prior to the reserved slot at which point the full Booking Fee will be retained by Janette Douglas Photography.
- Should the cancelled appointment turn out to be a postponement, then, subject to Janette Douglas Photography’s availability, all monies paid may be applied to the new appointment.If the appointment has to be cancelled by Janette Douglas Photography due to adverse weather conditions a new, mutually agreed appointment will be made.
- In the unlikely event of total photographic failure, injury or sickness beyond Janette Douglas Photography’s control, their liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid. Your statutory rights are not affected. Janette Douglas Photography has full Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Parties being photographed must be dressed, made up and prepared at the designated start time. Photographer/Owner captures the “essence” of your children; the finer details (combed hair, clean faces, jewellery etc.) are the parents’ responsibility. Removing these items before the session will be much simpler and more cost effective for the client
- Janette Douglas Photography shall be entitled to use its own creative judgement regarding the style and artistic input in the production of the photographs. This includes but is not limited to locations, poses, props used and the number of images taken. Although we are happy to go with requested poses or set ups it may not be possible to capture all images to the clients’ full expectations.
- Janette Douglas Photography reserves the right to terminate any session due to any failure of the client to adhere to the requirements set forth in this Agreement or if the model(s) being photographed are unwilling to be photographed or if anyone in the session is behaving in a manner that the photographer deems inappropriate or inconsistent with the purposes of the session. In the event of any such termination, Janette Douglas Photography may offer to schedule a new session in its sole discretion; provided, however, that it is under no obligation to do so. Under no circumstances will the session fee be refunded
- Your images will be ready for your exclusive viewing in a password protected online gallery within 2 weeks of the shoot. They will remain in the gallery for 14 days to allow enough time to order. Payment is requested at time of order due to the custom nature of the products. You must order your complimentary 8x6 print within the 14 days of image presentation.
- Payment for all items ordered must be made at the time of ordering. Prices for prints, digital images and canvases are available on our website. Expected delivery is between 2-3 weeks. Janette will contact you as soon as your delivery is ready for dispatch or collection.
- All portraits, books, albums, wall art and other product orders are non refundable. Due to the custom nature of the products orders can not be cancelled after I have received your payment . All portrait orders are final and cannot be changed or refunded once placed.
- Janette Douglas Photography retains the copyright and ownership of all images created during the portrait session and has the right to use and make reproductions of images including use on social media sites, portfolio samples, gallery display.
self-promotion and professional competition.
- All ORDERED images are kept for a period of 1 year. All UNORDERED images will be deleted after 60 days. If purchasing digital files on USB, a full print release will be given, as well as suggested labs to have your portraits printed. My guarantee and/or warrantee does not cover any images printed at any lab, included suggested labs. Guarantee is only given on prints that are purchased through the studio and have passed my satisfaction. You are encouraged to make several back up copies of your purchased digital images. If you lose or break your USB you will be required to purchase a new one.
- Janette Douglas Photography does not permit clients taking their own photos during sessions. This includes phone cameras or otherwise. Parents attending sessions are kindly asked to adhere to any instructions from the photographer and to refrain from interfering with the photographer’s work. ABSOLUTELY NO PHOTOGRAPHIC, VIDEO, FILM, DIGITAL, TAPE, CASSETTE, OR RECORDING DEVICES OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED DURING A SESSION.
Failure to comply with this rule may cause a serious delay in the post processing of your images. As an artist, I would like to have complete control over the final output of my images to ensure proper representation. Thank you for respecting my work.
- All images created during your session, whether in electronic or physical form, are copyrighted by Janette Douglas Photography and may not be screen grabbed, downloaded, copied or altered or otherwise reproduced without the prior written consent of the photographer.
I have read and understand the above Terms & Conditions and by paying the booking fee for my session I agree to abide by them.